We know that caring for a child with special needs can be very challenging. We can help.
The products we source and supply help make life a bit easier for a parent, and more fulfilling for their child. We specialise in finding those unusual items, including many specially designed for disabled children with specific needs. Our products are simple solutions to complex problems, and if we don't stock a product ourselves, we can point you in the direction of someone who does.
· Raincovers for wheelchair users giving top to toe rain protection
· Sleepsuits which make it dificult for children to take their clothes off
· Backpacks with reins which are useful for children who don't like holding hands
· Age-appropriate bibs and neckerchiefs for children of all ages
· Absorbent pants
· Waterproof sheet and mattress protectors
· Cutlery and crockery which help disabled children eat and drink independently
· Elastic laces which turn lace up shoes into slip ons
Fledglings is a national charity that:
Provides practical advice and support about raising children with additional needs, and accurately signposts people to other organisations to get additional help they need
Finds and sells products that help the lives of children with additional needs and their families and
Provides advice and support around these products
All of our products are available by mail order. To request a copy of our product brochure, just phone or email us giving your name and address and we will send you one. You then choose the product you want, order and pay for it, and we send it to you. Or, if you are not sure what product you might need, our experienced staff can help guide you in the right direction.
Fledglings is a charity for children with additional needs, so our products are priced to try to make them affordable to anyone who needs them. Many of them are subsidised, or sold at cost price, and any surplus that Fledglings makes is invested back into the charity, helping us to help more disabled children and their families.