Weighted Lap Pads apply calming pressure to the lap and upper legs whilst the user is sitting down making them ideal for use in the classroom, at reading time, at the table, in the car, etc.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
The Turn2Us grants finder on Contact’s website can help you find out if your family qualifies for a charity grant in the form of money, products or services.
If you require a quote to apply for funding through the NHS or a Charity, please contact us and we will be more than happy to supply this.
Weighted Lap Pads apply calming pressure to the lap and upper legs whilst the user is sitting down making them ideal for use in the classroom, at reading time, at the table, in the car, etc. The plastic bead filling is sewn into small cells allowing the lap pad to mold itself to the body or legs. The weight has a calming effect helping attention span and reducing excessive fidgeting.
Our tactile lap pad is made of 2 different materials - strong and comfortable cotton on one side and a tactile fleece on the other.
They are a cost-effective, safe and portable tool for use whenever and wherever needed. The lap weight is filled with plastic poly beads that are safe, washable and are double stitched for safety and quality.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a Weighted Lap Pad or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time
- Use the correct weight of product, we would suggest that a weighted product. For example, does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, so please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted product under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for very young children, and people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- It is essential that the child is able to self remove any weighted product if they become uncomfortable
- Always use with adult supervision
Check out our other Weighted Lap Pad designs:
See our other Weighted products:
- Weighted Shoulder Wrap
- Weighted Jacket
- Midi Weighted Blanket
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Blue Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Pink Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Unicorn
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Galaxy
- Classic Weighted Blanket - Blue
Fledglings currently offer shipping to the United Kingdom only. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details.
Free shipping on orders over £60 in the UK.
For orders under £60:
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.50. First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.00.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- As our warehouse is not opened on weekends and bank holidays, any First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: Tracked and insured in the event of lost or damaged goods.
If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 1 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Returns & Cancellations
If you change your mind or are unhappy with your order, returns and exchanges can be placed within 14 days of receiving your products. We ask that all items returned to us are in a new condition with its original packaging and tags where applicable, in place.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are returning your order. As we are a charity, returning products to us is at the cost of the customer. We are a not for profit organisation and all purchases made at Fledglings helps the national charity, Contact to continue supporting families of disabled children with expert information and advice.
Our Return address is
In the unlikely situation that you receive a damaged or faulty item, we will provide you a full refund including the cost of shipping. Once we receive your order at our warehouse and this has been processed we will issue you a refund to your original payment method.