Fledglings is a national charity that provides practical advice and support about living with children with additional needs, and accurately signposts people to other organisations to get the other advice they need.
Fledglings finds and sells products that improve the lives of children with additional needs and their families and provides advice and support around these products.
We want a society where children with additional needs and their families and carers have access to the products, equipment and support they need to allow them to achieve their potential, maximise their achievements and improve their quality of life.
“Since discovering Fledglings I am reassured to have them in my care team for my daughter. Always helpful, knowledgeable and really understand special world. Worth browsing their website shop too to spark ideas for helping to make our children feel a sense of achievement, live to their full potential and take some of the pressure of us parent carers.” - Parent
FLEDGLINGS FOR PARENTS AND CARERS
Fledglings has always worked closely with families providing the products and information they need to improve children’s potential and quality of life.
We have worked with over 20,000 families in the UK
“The bibs are good quality and last long- considering how frequently they are washed. We have tried other suppliers but this is the best” - Parent
“Very happy and glad we found your website” - Parent
INFORMATION AND HELPLINE
- + Information resources – Fledglings provides brochures and information leaflets for families with useful information on products and how they can help.
- + Information online – product solutions and information available online.
- + Information on products and we can signpost you to other organisations for advice.
- + Our helpline and enquiry service, receives calls from parents and carers on various challenges, car safety, sensory issues, continence queries, sleep problems, clothing and safety in the home.
- + Fledglings supplies a wide range of products including cups, cutlery, crockery, chewing aids, swimwear, clothing, continence products, sensory products and many more. For our full range;
ORDERING FROM FLEDGLINGS
- + Orders can be placed by telephone, via email, fax, post or on our e-Shop.
- + Payments can be made at the time of ordering via debit or credit card. Payments can also be paid by cheque, bank BACS payment or postal order. Orders through the e-Shop require payment at time of ordering.
- + Quotations - Fledglings are happy to put together a quote if you need one for a funding application.
- + Postage – postage and packaging is included in all our prices. (please note, additional charges to the Republic of Ireland apply)
- + Despatch– delivery is usually 3 -5 days from the day the order was processed, if the items are in stock. If there are exceptions to this, we will inform you (e.g. larger items shipped directly from manufacturer, made to order or bespoke items)
- + Terms & Conditions
Get your free copy of Contact’s Helpful Guide for Families with Disabled Children!
Contact, the charity for families with disabled children, exists to help families feel valued, supported and confident. They do this through their free helpline service, website, parent guides and fact-sheets, workshops and other parent friendly resources. They also bring families together locally and online, to support each other by sharing experiences.
Contact understand that life with a disabled child brings unique challenges and to help, they’ve published the Helpful Guide for Families with Disabled Children - a free book for parents containing everything you need to know, when you don’t know where to turn.
Packed with all the essential information you might need as a parent carer, the Helpful Guide will help you navigate your way through what can be a confusing system of support and at the same time, point you to more in-depth help and advice on Contact’s website. Designed for all families with a child with a disability or additional needs, it’s particularly relevant for families early in their journey. Order your free copy today!
Tel: 01799 541807
Fax: 08452 801530
Address: Fledglings Family Services, Wenden Court, Station Approach, Wendens Ambo, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4LB