Weighted Lap Pads apply calming pressure to the lap and upper legs whilst the user is sitting down making them ideal for use in the classroom, at reading time, at the table, in the car, etc. The plastic bead filling is sewn into small cells allowing the lap pad to mold itself to the body or legs. The weight has a calming effect helping attention span and reducing excessive fidgeting.
They are a cost-effective, safe and portable tool for use whenever and wherever needed. Made from high-quality cotton and filled with plastic pellets for safety and comfort.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a Weighted Lap Pad or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time
- Use the correct weight of product, we would suggest that a weighted product. For example, does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, so please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted product under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for very young children, and people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- It is essential that the child is able to self remove any weighted product if they become uncomfortable.
- Always use with adult supervision.
Check out our other Weighted Lap Pad designs:
See our other Weighted products:
- Weighted Shoulder Wrap
- Weighted Jacket
- Midi Weighted Blanket
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Blue Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Pink Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Unicorn
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Galaxy
- Classic Weighted Blanket - Blue