The Chewigem Button Necklace is designed to withstand the most powerful jaws while still offering a satisfying bounceback. The disk-shaped design has been formulated to remove weak points and allow a more densely packed solid form making this perfect for those of us who love working hard to break through a sensory chew. It's safe but strong!
The specially formulated food-grade silicon compound is the magic that makes the Button Necklace tough but safe. Silicon science has allowed us to create this incredibly compacted sensory chew without adding any harmful substances.
This means that if after multiple weeks of ‘aggressive chews’ you eventually do find a way to pierce the highly polished Button Pendant surface, you can relax. As well as being perfectly safe to swallow you can give yourself a pat on the back, getting through this Sensory Chew takes dedication and super strength chompers.
- Glossy and smooth finish.
- Dense and robust.
- Doubles as a fidget aid.
- Has a Silk Cord.
- Chewigem comes in a range of funky or discreet colours and patterns.
Helps as an oral sensory aid, ideal for those on the Autistic Spectrum or ADHD, who may need added stimulation and proprioceptive input. It is a safe alternative to biting on hands, knuckles, cuffs and clothing - thus avoiding the risk of choking on inappropriate objects. It helps to build oral strength and control, improving biting and chewing skills, and can also be used as a tactile fidget toy.
- Product Dimension: 2 x 14 x 14cm
Once damaged, Chewigem should be discarded and replaced. All products through chewing will eventually show signs of wear and tear. How long that depends on a variety of factors and it can take time to find the right product for you. Check regularly for damage.
- Pendants are not suitable for anyone under 3 years of age due to the long cord which poses a strangulation risk.
- All pendants have a breakaway clasp for safety, always check this is working well.
- All of our silicone products are nontoxic, lead, latex, BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- The clasp on pendants is not designed for chewing. (small part – choking hazard). If you think you or your chewer cannot resist chewing the clasp then select a product that is not a necklace.
- In children and any person with a learning disability, that does not understand risks, it is vital all products should be used with supervision and checked regularly for damage. As soon as wear and tear shows, the product should be discarded.
- Products must be checked frequently and discarded as soon as wear and tear shows. This means a tear or puncture that could cause a larger section to break off.
How to care for the Chewigem without the cord:
You can wash these using any of the below options.
- Hot Soapy Water.
- Top Rack of Dishwasher.
- Steam Steriliser.
- Microwave Steriliser.
- Sterilising Solution.
With the cord on you can wash the Chewigem via:
- Hot Soapy Water.
- Washing Machine on low heat.
By removing the cord the silicone section can be washed in the same way as a cordless product above. The clasp on the cords is plastic and cannot cope with high heat and risks of melting which is why we suggest the cord be removed.
This is simple, snap the breakaway clasp apart, pull the clasp back down the cord to reveal the knot, untie the knot and slide the clasp off this should allow you to take the cord off the pendant. Once washed, reverse the process, reattach the cord, slide the clasp down onto the cord, tie a knot at the end and slide the clasp back up over the knot.
Check out the other colours of the Chewigem Button Necklace:
- Chewigem Button Necklace - Pink
- Chewigem Button Necklace - Silver Grey
- Chewigem Button Necklace - Multicolour Swirl
- Chewigem Button Necklace - Navy
- Chewigem Button Necklace - Camo
Supplier Life Span Guide of Product
|Chewing Style||Average Lifespan in Weeks|