The Turn2Us grants finder on Contact’s website can help you find out if your family qualifies for a charity grant in the form of money, products or services.
If you require a quote to apply for funding through the NHS or a Charity, please contact us and we will be more than happy to supply this.
Colour: Pink Stars.
Size: 138cm x 106cm.
Weight: 3kg (standard).
Weighted Blankets can be an effective therapeutic solution for those with sensory issues such as Autism. They can provide a soothing sensory stimulus through pressure on the body, similar to the feeling of being held, hugged or cuddled. This can have a calming effect, helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
Weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into an inner lining for additional strength and comfort. Can be used on a bed or perfect for draping across shoulders. The Weighted Blanket is CE marked and registered as a class 1 medical device. Made in the UK from a durable polycotton outer with an inner lining.
Weighted blankets should always be used with adult supervision.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a weighted blanket or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time.
- They are not suitable for very young children.
- Use the correct weight of the product, we would suggest that a weighted blanket, does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted blanket under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- The user should not be left under a weighted blanket overnight as they can become overheated and uncomfortable. They are best used as an aid to relax a person before bed and while they get to sleep. Ideally, they should then be removed.
Check out the other colours of the Classic Weighted Blanket:
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Blue Stars
Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Unicorn
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Galaxy
- Classic Weighted Blanket - Blue
Check out our various Weighted Lap Pad designs:
- Weighted Lap Pad (1kg or 2kg)
Red Stars Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
Blue Stars Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
- Unicorn Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
See our other Weighted products: