The Midi Weighted Blanket is smaller than the Classic Weighted Blanket which can be ideal from smaller children who are sleeping in a cot, or for portable use on the sofa or in the car. The Midi Blanket can also be used by older children as a lap or shoulder blanket.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
Weighted Blankets can be an effective therapeutic solution for those with sensory issues such as Autism. They can provide a soothing sensory stimulus through pressure on the body, similar to the feeling of being held, hugged or cuddled. This can have a calming effect, helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
Weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into an inner lining for additional strength and comfort. Can be used on a bed or for draping across the shoulders or lap. The Weighted Blanket is CE marked and registered as a class 1 medical device. Made in the UK from a durable polycotton outer with an inner lining. Weighted blankets should always be used with adult supervision.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a weighted blanket or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time.
- They are not suitable for very young children.
- Use the correct weight of the product, we would suggest that a weighted blanket does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted blanket under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- The user should not be left under a weighted blanket overnight as they can become overheated and uncomfortable. They are best used as an aid to relax a person before bed and while they get to sleep. Ideally, they should then be removed.
Size: 110cm x 90cm.
Who / What is this suitable for?
Who / What is this suitable for?
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.
Fledglings currently offers shipping to the United Kingdom only online. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details as we can usually arrange shipping at an additional cost.
Shipping in the UK.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout. Where items come from just one supplier the following rates will apply. When items are purchased from multiple suppliers an extra amount will be added at checkout to contribute to the shipping costs. This helps us keep the prices as low as we can. As a one-stop-shop, we aim to make it cheaper to shop in one place that buy from multiple online retailers and pay shipping costs at each one.
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.99.
First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.25.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- Our warehouse is not opened on weekends and Bank Holidays. First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping - please check the listing under the shipping information BEFORE ordering to see if an item is coming direct from our supplier.
- Some suppliers may not be able to ship larger items to NI the Shetland Islands, Jersey or Guernsey. If they do there may be an extra cost. Please ask BEFORE placing your order.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description under the shipping information. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.
My daughter absolutely loves this product!! Its great quality. Highly recommended
Thank-you for your 5 star review on our midi weighted blankets we are so pleased that your daughter loves this product
Thank-you for your support
Great product. Well made.
Thank-you for your kind review on our product and for supporting us at Fledglings. Every purchase made goes to support families with Disabled Children. Best Regards