A programme teaching young people aged 8-16 years to manage their own anxiety and worry.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
Anxiety is common in young people and without support it can lead to depression. This kit uses the principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which empowers the individual to make their own decisions and take control. Within it are lots of self-help techniques that young people can use depending on their personal situation and what they are worrying about.
- 1 x Anxiety Toolkit Scheme and Programme Workbook
- 1 x Download pack with printable resources including worksheets (emailed upon purchase)
- 6 x conversation starter and questions fans
- 4 x Option Reminder Fans (to be given to individuals undertaking the programme)
- 4 x Stay Safe (get me out of here) cards
- Storage tin
Use of the Kit:
Use the questions on the fans to instigate conversation and discuss what happens when someone is feeling anxious, such as:
- What happens when you are anxious?
- How do you feel?
- How do you behave?
- What do you need to do?
- Think about your behaviour (including questions about self-harm).
There are some ‘Stay Safe’ cards in the kit for young people to use if they need a 5-minute break during conversations. This means that an individual does not need to feel pressured and they have an escape route if needed.
The workbook shows you how to use the question fans. A downloadable resource pack is included with lots of printable worksheets helping the individual to record their anxiety and identify if it is ‘real’ or a ‘feeling’. Worksheets also enable the individual to decide what to do with the worry using various self-help techniques.
Finally the ‘Option Reminder Fans’ are for the individual to take away with them to provide a reminder about a self-help technique and if the young person is worried they can glance at their fan to help them remember things taught within the programme.
We strongly recommend taking a person-centred approach and use only the questions that are appropriate for the individual and take as long as necessary to go through the discussion points.
The kit can be used on a one to one basis or in small groups (we suggest no more than 4 young people at a time). If using at home, we also suggest that the kit is shared with school or college.
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.
Fledglings currently offers shipping to the United Kingdom only online. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details as we can usually arrange shipping at an additional cost.
Shipping in the UK.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout. Where items come from just one supplier the following rates will apply. When items are purchased from multiple suppliers an extra amount will be added at checkout to contribute to the shipping costs. This helps us keep the prices as low as we can. As a one-stop-shop, we aim to make it cheaper to shop in one place that buy from multiple online retailers and pay shipping costs at each one.
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.99.
First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.25.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- Our warehouse is not opened on weekends and Bank Holidays. First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping - please check the listing under the shipping information BEFORE ordering to see if an item is coming direct from our supplier.
- Some suppliers may not be able to ship larger items to NI the Shetland Islands, Jersey or Guernsey. If they do there may be an extra cost. Please ask BEFORE placing your order.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description under the shipping information. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.