The HP-5 soft helmet offers adjustable head protection for those at medium to high risk of harm. It can be easily fitted to an individual's measurements and includes options for additional protection and growth. The helmet features a hardwearing leather finish and allows for good airflow and moisture control.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
This makes it an ideal head protection helmet for adapting to an individual’s measurements. This can be a helpful feature if the wearer has cranial swelling or to accommodate a dressing (after surgery or injury), or if the wearer is expected to grow.
HP-5 Adjustable Special needs helmet features:
- Adjustable circumference (lockable ratchet strap or velcro)
- Adjustable position padded top
- The chin strap is adjustable
- Additional front add-on protection “bumper” option
- in-built large rear cushioned impact pad
- Front peak option (removable)
- Chin protection option
- Ear protection option
- Growth options
- Upgradable frontal protection
- The option to fit additional add-on protection “Bumper” pads to the front.
- A Sun visor (peak) add-on is also available.
- Hardwearing leather finish
The Head Protector is available in a hardwearing leather finish, which helps to protect the high-density, impact-resistant foam beneath.
- The HP5 features a ratchet or velcro strap that can tighten or loosen from the sides.
- The ratchet will not move on its own once locked.
- This allows the circumference of the Head Protector to be changed very easily.
Adjustable semi-open or closed top:
- The protective hat is available to order with a semi-open or enclosed top.
- A semi-open top will promote cooling and airflow whilst also protecting from impacts.
- An enclosed (or closed) top offers more protection from impacts from above and can incorporate small holes to promote cooling.
- The top can also be removed entirely or repositioned, allowing a few centimetres of movement in most directions. This can be useful if the wearer has any swelling or needs to wear a dressing after an injury.
Airflow and moisture control:
The internal lining gives excellent moisture transport (wicking) even with the closed top option, it retains good airflow properties to keep the head as cool as possible.
Standard sizes: 45 to 62 cm head circumference.
Also available in custom “bespoke” sizes.
There are five standard colours to choose from, and bespoke colours are also available on request.
It helps reduce impacts & harm caused by many different conditions:
- Autism (head banging),
- Drop seizures
- Developmental disabilities
- Post-surgery head protection
- and more.
Measurements and price:
The HP-5 is intended to protect those at medium to high risk of harm, ALL customers MUST be assessed for this model using our suppliers Perfect Fit System.
Prices are from £2568.73 inc VAT and including the assessment.
This will ensure the best possible fit and avoids incorrect measurements. This helps to ensure that the head protector stays on the head – even during falls or impacts. It also ensures that any existing injuries to the head can be accommodated.
This item cannot be bought directly online, if you are interested in this item please complete the enquiry form and we will get in touch with you.
Please note: Although these products are designed to substantially reduce the risk of injuries, the manufacturer and seller accept no responsibility for injury or loss arising from using these products. These products cannot offer complete protection from ALL types of damage, although every effort is made in their design to provide the best head protection possible.
If a helmet is damaged, it should not be worn. We want to emphasize that there is no known device or helmet for preventing 100% of all injuries. Only you, the customer or user, are in a position to evaluate the individual's particular needs in each environment. Therefore, professional and medical expertise must be sought in making decisions regarding headgear use.
These helmets are not intended for use as bicycle or equestrian helmets.
As these are bespoke Head Protection items there is a no return no refund policy.
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.