Easy to fit with no fiddly fixings, non-restrictive and comforting. A signature pouch pocket to keeps hands warm and useful things within reach. The covers can also be used on armchairs, plane seats or on hospital visits – anywhere a comforting warmth is required.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
Enjoy easier days out with our Kids Wheelchair cosies. Waterproof, warm and easy to stow in its own stuff-sac, these covers are super easy to fit in seconds.
The cheerful designs are sure to brighten even the greyest day and provide a fun talking point. A lovely way to customise a boring wheelchair! Our cosies are easy to fit with no fiddly fixings, non-restrictive and comforting. A signature pouch pocket to keeps hands warm and useful things within reach. The covers can also be used on armchairs, plane seats or on hospital visits – anywhere a comforting warmth is required.
- 100% waterproof shell and cosy fleece lining, this cover will keep you warm and comfortable in all weathers
- This cover has been designed with the wheelchair user’s needs in mind: comforting without being too restrictive for sensory issues, can withstand kicking, can be folded down to access PEGs / administer medication, contrast Velcro tabs to help with visual impairment
- Easy to fit with no need to get out of the chair. Can be fitted by the user to aid independence, where appropriate.
- Fits all manual and powered wheelchairs and special needs buggies
- Great for growing children as the cover extends as they do providing a comforting protection for days out and for many years to come
- Wheelchair covers can be washed in a washing machine up to 40 degrees. Do NOT tumble dry.
- 80cm wide by 100cm long (we suggest you check the length of legs and footplate before ordering)
- Recommended from aged 4 - 11 years (for ages 11+ or 135cm tall we recommend our Adult sized cosy)
- Supplied with a compact stuff sac for easy storage
- Fleece lined pocket to keep hands warm
- Please NB these cosies are an apron style cover with elasticated hem that keep cosy in place.
What age is this suitable for?
We recommend this for all children from aged around 3 or 4 to 11 years old (or up to about 135cm in height). After that we recommend our Adult sized cosies
Is it universal?
Yes, this product is an apron style cover so it fits over the user rather than a traditional footmuff style. It fits all manual and powered wheelchairs and special needs buggies
Is it easy to fit?
It is has been designed so it is easy to fit by a carer or independent user. Two pairs of elastic and Velcro straps hold it in place and an elasticated hem fits snugly over the footplate or users feet. Please refer to the video below to see it in action
''This item is sent directly from the supplier and may be out of stock. Please call us on 0203 319 9772 to check the availability. ''
PLEASE NOTE: THE FLAMINGO IS DUE BACK IN STOCK JUNE
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.
Fledglings currently offers shipping to the United Kingdom only online. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details as we can usually arrange shipping at an additional cost.
Shipping in the UK.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout. Where items come from just one supplier the following rates will apply. When items are purchased from multiple suppliers an extra amount will be added at checkout to contribute to the shipping costs. This helps us keep the prices as low as we can. As a one-stop-shop, we aim to make it cheaper to shop in one place that buy from multiple online retailers and pay shipping costs at each one.
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.99.
First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.25.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- Our warehouse is not opened on weekends and Bank Holidays. First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping - please check the listing under the shipping information BEFORE ordering to see if an item is coming direct from our supplier.
- Some suppliers may not be able to ship larger items to NI the Shetland Islands, Jersey or Guernsey. If they do there may be an extra cost. Please ask BEFORE placing your order.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description under the shipping information. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.
Brilliant product, the first one came ripped so I was sent out a new one. Great customer services
Easy to use, this bright and fun cosy is just right for the wee warrior who uses it. The matching rain poncho is also perfect. Love the zebra design 🦓
Hello Alison, Thank-you for your five star review on our zebra wheelchair cosy. We are so pleased that you love this fun new design we have available on our website and that it is easy to use and cosy. Thank-you for shopping with us at Fledglings