TomTag uses symbols to show a series of separate tasks or steps involved in a task that are part of a routine, sequence of events in a timeline or they can be used as a list to teach a new skill by breaking down a single activity into smaller steps.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
The TomTag I Can Do It Range
With this range, it’s quick and easy to make personalised visual timelines, reminders, checklists and prompts which can be used anywhere in the home, at school, in care settings or when out and about.
TomTag visual supports can provide structure and guidance to help children and young people make sense of, remember, and master the steps involved in learning key skills to manage their daily lives.
TomTag is easy to clean and keep hygienic. TomTag’s plastic button holders and blank buttons can be washed in warm water and a little hand soap should they become dirty and dried with a soft cloth. The stickers are highly water resistant. Wipe over with a wet cloth or anti-bacterial wipe and dry with a soft cloth.
- Communicating their emotional state or how they feel about something helps your child to recognise and understand their feelings
- Encouraging your child to rate their anxiety or confidence level before starting a task or activity helps you to decide what support they might need
- Assessing your child’s level of anxiety or discomfort when introducing a change to a routine helps you reassure them
- Reflecting on a task, activity or event that has finished helps develop your child’s resilience
- Quickly and easily check in with your child before school to assess their readiness for learning and after school to alert you to any issues
- Sharing with your child how you feel about their work or attitude helps them develop their ability to recognise the feelings of others
- 1 TomTag Button Holder
- 6 blank buttons
- 6 symbol stickers
How does TomTag work?
TomTag uses symbols to show a series of tasks or steps involved in a task that is part of a routine or sequence of events in a timeline or can be used as a list to teach a new skill by breaking down a single activity into smaller steps.
Many children with autism and other additional needs have strong visual skills. They are more likely to remember and understand what they have seen rather than what they hear. Using visual support like TomTag to present information visually and in a step-by-step manner allows visual thinkers and learners to take in information at their own pace. Visuals can act as a reminder when children forget what’s been said or become distracted. TomTag helps to bring their attention back to the task or current situation.
Clare Tom's Mum - ''When Tom was younger, it wasn't easy to know how he felt.
He was nonverbal until he was five years old, and even when he started to speak, he struggled to find the words to tell me his feelings. It was hard to interpret how he was feeling from his facial expressions as he was often expressionless, rarely smiling or frowning.
Not being able to interpret Tom's feelings made me feel terrible and made him angry and frustrated, leading to frequent outbursts and meltdowns.
This experience showed me that Tom needed a simple nonverbal way to understand and communicate his feelings.
Like many autistic individuals, Tom has solid visual skills. He finds it easier to understand pictures rather than words. By showing him faces displaying different emotions and pairing them with the words describing them, Tom learned how to identify his emotions and used the pictures to show us how he was feeling.
Being able to quickly and easily communicate his feelings reduced his anger and frustration as he felt understood and supported.
We created this visual feelings thermometer with 6 simple colour-graded ‘feelings’ faces to help your child comfortably and confidently share and discuss their feelings, worries and emotions.''
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.
Fledglings currently offers shipping to the United Kingdom only online. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details as we can usually arrange shipping at an additional cost.
Shipping in the UK.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout. Where items come from just one supplier the following rates will apply. When items are purchased from multiple suppliers an extra amount will be added at checkout to contribute to the shipping costs. This helps us keep the prices as low as we can. As a one-stop-shop, we aim to make it cheaper to shop in one place that buy from multiple online retailers and pay shipping costs at each one.
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.99.
First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.25.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- Our warehouse is not opened on weekends and Bank Holidays. First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping - please check the listing under the shipping information BEFORE ordering to see if an item is coming direct from our supplier.
- Some suppliers may not be able to ship larger items to NI the Shetland Islands, Jersey or Guernsey. If they do there may be an extra cost. Please ask BEFORE placing your order.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description under the shipping information. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.