Special Offer Set of the Play Doctors best selling Inclusion books and posters.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
The set includes:
- Creating Sensory Play at little or no cost
- Learn about sensory integration and how to use sensory play to stimulate or calm children
- It’s not all about talking, Let’s Communicate
- Designed to help you to identify the best ways to communicate effectively
- Let’s make more smiles – Encouraging Positive Behaviour
- Simple tools, activities and suggestions that will make a difference to how you respond to behaviour, and how children and young people respond to you
- Let’s Think Behaviour Poster
- A3 poster supporting positive behaviour
- Let’s Think Sensory Overload Poster
- A3 poster reminding us to think beyond a child’s behaviour and consider what may be the underlying messages
- Let’s Think Inclusion Poster
- A3 poster detailing how you can take a person centred approach to inclusion in your setting
- Our Kind Bodies Poster
- A3 poster supporting positive body actions and behaviour
- Zak Makes New Friends!
- Zak the Zebra happens to have autism. This book helps explain his condition.
- Percy Looks for Treasure!
- Percy the Parrot happens to have ADHD. This story book helps explain his condition.
- A Dragon Comes to Visit
- Desmond the dragon happens to have Dyspraxia. This book helps explain his condition.
- Island Animals Teaching Resource and Templates
- Downloadable resource with over 200 ideas for activities to accompany the story books
All books written by Wendy Usher
Wendy Usher is the founder of The Play Doctors and uses over 30 years experience both as a parent and professional to write practical, hands on, award winning books to provide ideas and suggestions to support children and young people who happen to have additional needs. She says: ‘I don’t want to give people theory, I want to respond to real life and take a look at what works well and why. What does not work so well and why, and what can I do about it. All of the books I write are based on real life and I use combination of anecdotes and stories to bring the learning to life’
‘I love Wendy’s books – they are so real and relevant to life at home and also life in the classroom. I use the ideas all the time and have shared my copies with other parents’ Cathy – Newcastle (parent of son on the autism spectrum and teacher).
‘I am a primary school teacher and had little experience of working with autism. Hey, children on the autism spectrum play too! really helped me understand and change the way I worked. I now think about how I am responding to the child and adapt the way I present work to respond to his learning style. I have a far more peaceful classroom.’ Jenny – teacher, Milton Keynes
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.
Fledglings currently offers shipping to the United Kingdom only online. For orders outside the UK please contact us for further details as we can usually arrange shipping at an additional cost.
Shipping in the UK.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout. Where items come from just one supplier the following rates will apply. When items are purchased from multiple suppliers an extra amount will be added at checkout to contribute to the shipping costs. This helps us keep the prices as low as we can. As a one-stop-shop, we aim to make it cheaper to shop in one place that buy from multiple online retailers and pay shipping costs at each one.
Second Class Royal Mail shipping is £4.99.
First Class Royal Mail shipping is £6.25.
- For First Class shipping, the order must be place before 12pm.
- All First Class orders placed after 12pm will be despatched the following working day.
- Our warehouse is not opened on weekends and Bank Holidays. First Class orders placed during these days will be despatched on the following working day.
- Dropship items are not available for First Class shipping - please check the listing under the shipping information BEFORE ordering to see if an item is coming direct from our supplier.
- Some suppliers may not be able to ship larger items to NI the Shetland Islands, Jersey or Guernsey. If they do there may be an extra cost. Please ask BEFORE placing your order.
Please note: First Class shipping does not guarantee next day delivery. We will ship as stated above, but once the item is with Royal Mail it will be for them to deliver as quickly as they can.
Tracked and Signed For: If you would like your order delivered Tracked and Signed For, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0203 319 9772.
Some of our stock are dropship items which are delivered straight to the customer from the supplier’s warehouse. If a product is a dropship item, it will be written in the product description under the shipping information. Please allow 10 days for delivery on dropship items. If you have any queries please contact us for more information.
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2 working days of the order being processed. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you at the time of order. Goods remain the property of Fledglings until full payment is received.