The Octopus car harness provides extra support for those too large for a car seat or needing more security than the car's safety system. It can be used with booster seats and is ideal for those with muscular or functional limitations, postural instability, autism, and other conditions. Check the sizing and weight requirements below.
As a Charity, any profit made from every purchase goes back to helping families with disabled children.
The Octopus car harness has been designed for individuals too large for a car seat but still requires additional support and a more secure hold than the car’s 3-point safety system. In addition, this harness can be used in conjunction with booster seats, and so helps bridge the tricky transition from the support available in car seats to the often lack of support from booster seats. Just as with car seats/booster seats, there is also a minimum and maximum sizing and weight range for this car harness which you can view below.
The Octopus car harness is designed to cater to individuals with muscular functional limitations, postural instability, weak muscle tone, hyperactivity, perceptual disorders, autism, and those prone to unbuckling or having difficulty understanding the danger. Its features include lockable belt buckles that prevent dangerous unbuckling during the car journey, postural support for the shoulders, upper body, and pelvis to maintain optimal posture during transport, and a padded vest that ensures comfort and prevents pinching.
- Optimal comfort & support -7-point seat vest provides seating comfort and optimal support for upright upper body positioning.
- No, slipping forward - The crotch strap prevents forward & away slipping and ensures good pelvic position. Removable if necessary.
- High flexibility - Can be used with almost all vehicle seats - including single, bench, and booster seats.
- Even more safety - Seven lockable belt buckles provide even more safety, no more unbuckling.
- Flexible to use - Fast changing of cars: the essential back parts remain mounted in the vehicles, and only the 7-point seat vest changes cars with the user.
- Belt cutter -In an accident, the locked belts can be quickly cut with the included belt cutter.
- Minimum to Maximum User Height - 130 - 185cm / 51.2 - 72.8"
- Minimum to Maximum User Weight - 30 - 80kg / 66.1 - 176.4lbs
- Width x Height of the 7-Point Seat Vest - 34 x 42cm / 13.4 x 16.5"
- Width x Height of the Harness Base Back Part - 510mm
Please note: The Octopus positioning harness is not classified as a safety harness but a medical device for positioning. To comply with safety regulations, the vehicle safety harness MUST ALWAYS be worn over the Octopus positioning harness.
Base back part; 7-point seat vest with belt buckles; shoulder straps; pelvis belts; crotch strap; 7x lockable side release buckles; keys for belt buckles; emergency hammer with seatbelt cutter; water-repellent cushions
Please note: These products are sold with their intended purpose as described. We cannot be held responsible for any misuse of items where physical force has been used to damage the product or where it had been used in a manner that it was not designed for. If in doubt of its suitability, please get in touch.