The Turn2Us grants finder on Contact’s website can help you find out if your family qualifies for a charity grant in the form of money, products or services.
If you require a quote to apply for funding through the NHS or a Charity, please contact us and we will be more than happy to supply this.
Two weights: 1kg or 2kg.
Colours: Red or Blue.
Material: Standard or Fire Retardant.
Lap pads apply a calming deep pressure to the lap whilst the user is sitting down making them ideal for use in the classroom, reading time, at the table or in the car. The weight has a calming effect helping attention span and reducing excessive fidgeting.
Weighted Lap Pads can be an effective therapeutic solution for those with sensory issues such as Autism. They can provide a soothing sensory stimulus through pressure on the body, similar to the feeling of being held, hugged or cuddled. This can have a calming effect, helping to relieve stress and anxiety. Weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into an inner lining for additional strength and comfort. The Weighted Lap Pad is CE marked and registered as a class 1 medical device. Made in the UK from durable polycotton outer with an inner lining.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a Weighted Lap Pad or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time.
- Use the correct weight of product, we would suggest that a weighted product. For example, does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, so please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted product under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for very young children, and people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- It is essential that the child is able to self remove any weighted product if they become uncomfortable.
- Always use with adult supervision.
|Weight (kg)||Length (cm)||Width (cm)|
|1kg (for children)||60||30|
|2kg (for older children, teens, adults)||66||51|
Check out our other Weighted Lap Pad designs:
See our other Weighted products:
- Weighted Shoulder Wrap
- Weighted Jacket
- Midi Weighted Blanket
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Blue Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Pink Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Red Stars
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Unicorn
- Classic Weighted Blanket 3kg - Galaxy
- Classic Weighted Blanket - Blue