Weighted Blankets can be an effective therapeutic solution for those with sensory issues such as Autism. They can provide a soothing sensory stimulus through pressure on the body, similar to the feeling of being held, hugged or cuddled. This can have a calming effect, helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
Weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into an inner lining for additional strength and comfort. Can be used on a bed or perfect for draping across shoulders. The Weighted Blanket is CE marked and registered as a class 1 medical device. Made in the UK from a durable polycotton outer with an inner lining.
Weighted blankets should always be used with adult supervision.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a weighted blanket or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time.
- They are not suitable for very young children.
- Use the correct weight of the product, we would suggest that a weighted blanket, does not exceed 10% of the user's body weight. This weight recommendation is however only a guide, please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them from becoming uncomfortable or overheated. Do not roll someone up in a weighted blanket under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- The user should not be left under a weighted blanket overnight as they can become overheated and uncomfortable. They are best used as an aid to relax a person before bed and while they get to sleep. Ideally, they should then be removed.
The Turn2Us grants finder on Contact’s website can help you find out if your family qualifies for a charity grant in the form of money, products or services.
If you require a quote to apply for funding through the NHS or a Charity, please contact us and we will be more than happy to supply this.
Colours: Blue Stars, Pink Stars, Red Stars, Red, Galaxy, Unicorn.
Size: 138cm x 106cm.
Weight: 3kg (standard).
Check out our various Weighted Lap Pad designs:
- Weighted Lap Pad (1kg or 2kg)
Red Stars Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
Blue Stars Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
- Unicorn Weighted Lap Pad 2kg
See our other Weighted products: